LicualaRayAaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationSetia Tropika!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:13 PM

View PostFREEWAVE, on 28 September 2009 - 12:04 PM, said:

Got the latest news that there will be a refurbished shopping mall call B8 Mall near to skudai highway (About 6 km from ST). This shopping mall previously was called as Kemayan shopping Complex. The target of opening will be in 2010.

http://www.allstones...rochure_new.pdf

nice one bro! jb has too many shopping malls already for a population of 1.7 mil.. but i don't mind!
"We are destined to lose all we love and face all that we fear"

#23 Professor

Professor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationSetia Tropika

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:30 AM

Just found out that Setia Tropika maybe launching Serviced Apartments. Happened to see that information at their sales office. When i enquired she said it was open for registration and quickly put the piece of paper inside her draw

I think they are also coming up with Dictyo Mezo or something along the lines.

View PostLicualaRayAaron, on 28 September 2009 - 10:13 PM, said:

nice one bro! jb has too many shopping malls already for a population of 1.7 mil.. but i don't mind!

#24 cathylmg

cathylmg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:10 PM

Bank loan money for purchases of Setia Tropika propertise base on prime land. Some websites states that Setia Tropika is within the Iskandar region while others merely put it as new Kempas corridor. This is rathering confusing to me.... Iskandar region or not Iskandar region?

#25 Professor

Professor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationSetia Tropika

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:24 PM

Even Setia mentions that its Iskandar region in many of its adverts.

Point is it may not be.

Then again its how you define Iskandar.

Bukit Indah is definitely a part of Iskandar.

Setia Tropika is possibly quite close to the outskirts of Iskandar region.

Remember the Iskandar area encompasses 2200 sq km of area....

The Iskandar Regional Development Authority has divided the entire area into 5 zones

Flagship A, B, C, D, E for the purposes of investment and development. Hence i would believe that investment and development will be initially channelled into these 5 areas. If on the other hand IRDA takes a more holistic view of the whole region then it would be a different ball game altogether. But for the moment its those 5 zones.

Now Kempas and hence Setia Tropika fall around the Flagship A zone. Yet we must take note that they do not fall in the Flagship A zone. they are just closer to Flagship A zone than possibly other zones

Please take a look at the map here. This is pretty detailed information on this website and the map

Link 1:
Information on Iskandar Malaysia

Link 2:

Overall development plan of Iskandar Region

Its an interactive map and you can zoom in for more detailed information. And yes there will be an MRT or whatever it will be called that links up to Kempas station. You can see that in the map if you click in on Flagship zone A.

Link 3:

Comprehensive development Plan for IR

There is a dossier at this link which can be downloaded and viewed.

View Postcathylmg, on 12 October 2009 - 12:10 PM, said:

Bank loan money for purchases of Setia Tropika propertise base on prime land. Some websites states that Setia Tropika is within the Iskandar region while others merely put it as new Kempas corridor. This is rathering confusing to me.... Iskandar region or not Iskandar region?

#26 cathylmg

cathylmg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:39 PM

Its falls under flagship zone A in the map. Mean its IM area. Or I would like to believe it to be so. But then for the MRT part there is already a railway line and another line connected to it that seems to look like MRT. If this is the case.... ho sei liao! ;)

#27 LicualaRayAaron

LicualaRayAaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationSetia Tropika!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:22 PM

View Postcathylmg, on 12 October 2009 - 11:39 PM, said:

Its falls under flagship zone A in the map. Mean its IM area. Or I would like to believe it to be so. But then for the MRT part there is already a railway line and another line connected to it that seems to look like MRT. If this is the case.... ho sei liao! ;)

The Taman Kempas MRT actually looks further in than the current train station. Therefore it is probably meant for the convenience of Taman Kempas. I noticed that Setia Tropika's development is not detailed on the map.. hope they will reconsider the location of the MRT to include easy access for Setia Tropika's residents. At this early stage, most of the details would still need to be finalised so we stand an open chance of lobbying city planners for this through Setia?

#28 LicualaRayAaron

LicualaRayAaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationSetia Tropika!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

View PostProfessor, on 12 October 2009 - 09:30 AM, said:

Just found out that Setia Tropika maybe launching Serviced Apartments. Happened to see that information at their sales office. When i enquired she said it was open for registration and quickly put the piece of paper inside her draw

nice! please keep us updated if you hear anything new on this..

#29 LicualaRayAaron

LicualaRayAaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationSetia Tropika!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:14 PM

nice one prof for sending us the link with Iskandar Map..

from the way I see it, i think Flagship A is still the heart of JB and where the bulk of the action ( investments in MRT, CBD upgrading, etc) is and the place to be. The best places to stay will be the 'ring' of new 'planned developments' from the West to Middle.

NEW PLANNED DEVELOPMENTS
1) Taman Sutera Utama,
2) Taman Impian Emas,
3) Setia Tropika,
4) HSL development near Starhill Golf Resort,
5) Mount Austin in the middle.

Anything inside this outer ring of Flagship A is the old city which features older buildings, is relatively crowded and has hap hazard planning. And to the west of that is the 'older' residence developments such as Taman Desa Tebrau, Taman Johor Jaya and Taman Molek. Although the JB CBD Upgrading is an important part of the plan, unfortunately, the gov't doesen't have an active policy for redevelopment of urban areas in JB yet since re-development for the inner ring of older residences is too costly at this stage.

#30 Professor

Professor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationSetia Tropika

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:57 AM

View Postcathylmg, on 28 September 2009 - 02:42 PM, said:

But I prefer a shopping mall in Setia Tropika.... :(

View PostProfessor, on 12 October 2009 - 09:30 AM, said:

View PostLicualaRayAaron, on 13 October 2009 - 01:24 PM, said:

nice! please keep us updated if you hear anything new on this..

Hi Aaron the Serviced Apartment is confirmed as per the reports below...

Hi Cathy no .... there will be no hypermarket ... read report below

Thursday, December 10, 2009
SP Setia eyeing more land in JB

JOHOR BARU: SP Setia Bhd is eyeing more land in the Johor Baru district for future development projects in view of the good long-term business prospect, said president and chief executive officer Tan Sri Liew Kee Sin.

To date, the company has 607ha left for development from four projects in Johor Baru, namely Bukit Indah and Setia Eco Gardens in the Nusajaya Corridor, Setia Indah in the Tebrau Growth Corridor and Setia Tropika in Kempas, according to Liew.

“The remaining land here will keep us busy for the next three to five years and we are looking to add 607ha for future projects,’’ he said yesterday.

Liew said Johor’s contribution to SP Setia’s earnings was significant and for the financial year ended Oct 31, RM500mil of its RM1.6bil turnover came from Johor.

He was speaking at the official opening of the drive-thru Maybank and Starbucks Coffee outlet as well as the KFC and Pizza Hut outlets at Setia Tropika’s central business district (CBD) by Johor Baru Datuk Bandar Mohd Jaafar Awang.

Maybank offers the first-drive thru banking services in Johor and the second private banking here after its outfit at the Johor Baru City Square Office Tower and is connected to Malaysia’s first Starbucks drive-thru.

Liew said a three-star hotel by a local operator and serviced apartment blocks would be coming up in Setia Tropika’s CBD next year, occupying 0.40ha and 1.21ha respectively.

“We are going to sign the agreements with the respective parties in the first quarter of 2010 but at this point, I cannot give more details on the two projects,’’ he said.

Liew said the company did not plan to build a stand-alone shopping centre in any of its ongoing projects in Johor Baru as there were already too many shopping centres here.

He said it would instead focus on the niche markets such as drive-thru outlets, hotels and serviced apartments as demand for such products and services in Johor Baru was not fully tapped.

Liew said that for instance, Johor Baru could offer good hotel accommodation alternative for those attending seminars, conferences or business meetings in Singapore as the rates here were much lower.

#31 The lord

The lord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:17 PM

Setia Tropika welcomes new outlets

By E. Jacqui Chan of theedgeproperty.com
Wednesday, 09 December 2009 18:57

KUALA LUMPUR: Maybank, Starbucks Coffee and KFC opened drive-thru outlets in S P Setia Bhd’s Setia Tropika township in Johor today (Dec 8), along with Pizza Hut. The four outlets are taking up space at Setia City Connects, a commercial hub in Setia Tropika’s central business district (CBD).

The Maybank drive-thru banking service is the first in the state while Starbucks’ drive-thru here is the first in Malaysia. The Maybank and Starbucks outlets are taking up space of 9,949 sq ft and 3,600 sq ft respectively.

KFC and Pizza Hut share a 12,791 sq ft space across two dining areas -- indoors and outdoors. KFC also offers a drive-thru service.

The event was officiated by Datuk Bandar of Johor Baru City Council Mohd Jaafar Awang. He said the development of Setia Tropika has benefited the surrounding community, drawing population from other parts of Johor Baru to relocate to this area. He hoped Setia Tropika will be a catalyst for new developments and economic activities.

S P Setia president and CEO Tan Sri Liew Kee Sin who was also at the event said: “We see our investment in Setia Tropika as a commitment to our customers who are our No 1 priority. In time to come, we hope that Setia Tropika will blossom into a thriving community for one and all.”

Setia Tropika’s CBD offers easy access to Johor Baru Town, Senai Airport, Pasir Gudang Port and Nusajaya via major highways.

Other global brands are expected to open their doors in Setia Tropika’s CBD in the near future, while a branch of the Ministry of Home Affairs (KDN) is ready to begin operations here early next year.

There will be eight public administrative departments in the new KDN building, which include the National Registration Department, Registrar of Societies, Immigration Department, Film Control and Malaysian Civil Defence Department.

The 740-acre Setia Tropika township is located just off the Kempas Interchange (Exit 255B) on the North-South Highway, a distance of 6km from the heart of Johor Baru and 10km from the Causeway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users